Tuesday 7 January 2014

Triple Time Butterflies

      Hello and welcome to the first challenge of 2014 with Technique Time Tuesday. This month we are trying our hand at Triple Time Stamping and we'd like you to join us. There is a great tutorial over on the challenge blog to help get you started, as well as lots of gorgeous inspiration from the DT.
     I had a few ideas bubbling away in my head so I tried them out on copy paper first and this is the one I decided to go with. One thing I would say is it works better on thinner card as there's less height gap for the stamp to cope with.
     I cut out the butterflies with Xcut dies and used purple low tack tape to hold them in place while I stamped. The stamps are both Hydrangea's from Papermania, the inks are Versacolour five shade pads in greens and purples.
     To get the purple layers I drew round the dies and hand cut them, they're quite an easy shape to cut luckily. I did use silicone glue to fix the layers onto the card so that I had a little bit of time to slide the butterflies into the right place.
     I managed to get a little glue on the card face, which really bugged me, so I used my new toy to remove it. This is a battery operated eraser, it's great, you can rub out tiny blemishes without the need to scrub away at your artwork. I got it to use with my gilding flakes but it's proving to be a very valuable tool all round, I would recommend it to any paper crafter and it's not that expensive either.
     I hope you do try this technique, it sounds fiddly but it's not really that bad and the effect is something very different. Click here to see a Christmas card made using this technique.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Feeling Crafty - Butterflies

3 comments:

  1. I need one of those tools...it would really come in handy! ;) This is just beautiful, friend! LOVE the shapes you used and I adore the stamped images, too! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is really lovely

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card...love the way you used a butterfly shape for the layers.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.