Tuesday 1 April 2014

Side Stepping Rabbits


     Some of you may be surprised to see a card on my blog featuring rabbits, we have a love - hate relationship........they love my plants and I hate them eating them!!!  I now have a lovely cat that likes a rabbit dinner so I don't see as much of them as I used to! I shall be sending this to the lady that used to live next door as she will appreciate the joke, she now lives some distance away in a rabbit free zone!  
    To make a side step card is the new challenge over at Technique Time Tuesday, there is a really good tutorial to show you how it's done and lots of inspiration from the DT.
     I have used a sheet of patterned card to make my side step card and decorated it with die cut eggs and a black cat hiding by a Spellbinder Aster flower. The rabbits are from a Penny Black stamp called Bunny Friends, stamped in Archival Coffee and coloured with GraphIt markers before being cut out and mounted on foam pads.
     If I buy a shaped or mechanical card I always make a paper template of it before I use it, so then I can make more without the trauma of trying to remember how to make one from scratch, that way all the measuring is already done for you.
     I hope you come and join us at Technique Time Tuesday with your side step creations, you have a month to work on your project so practice on scrap paper and then come and show us what you've made.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Easter
Simply Create Too - Easter or Bunnies
Lexi's Creations - Easter


8 comments:

  1. Nice card. Thank you Rocky for sharing it with us at the Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Easter card, I love rabbits, but then I don't have wild ones in my garden eating everything, just a cute, fluffy pet one, so I really like the rabbit stamps.great idea to use holographic card for your Easter eggs too
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, what a fun step card I love how the bunny parts are in the pots. The foil really adds a lot of sparkle I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #129 “BUNNY” challenge, Have a Blessed day and I just became your newest follower I hope you will come follow me to.
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little bunnies are SO CUTE!!! The holographic eggs are fun, too, and I LOVE the other bits you've added to create a fun Easter scene! Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work at Technique Time Tuesday! I will miss working with you there! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, love those little bunnies! Wonderful side step card! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Rocky: Beautiful card . I love it. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocky, I love this side step card with those cute little rabbits in the pots!!! So sweet. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation for Lexi's challlenge 113: Easter, Hazel, GDT x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.