Wednesday 21 December 2016

Plaited magazine trees


     Following on from the plaited wreath I decided to play around and make some trees from old magazines. I've really enjoyed making these because it reminds me of long hot summer days sitting in the garden making corn dollies.
     Trees can be made starting from the top or the bottom depending on which pattern you're following, these started from the bottom because that's the way this video showed.
     The most time consuming part is rolling the straws, making the tree is really quick and easy. You can vary the size of your tree by the size of cone you use to work round. Tip: Don't be tempted to use a polystyrene cone, I did and it got stuck inside, a rolled card one is much easier and surprisingly strong.
     I sprayed the smallest tree with gold paint and stuck a gold glitter paper origami star on the top but these could be painted any colour to match your decor. A large tree with a string of lights around it would look good and you can hide the battery pack under the tree so you can put them almost anywhere.


I would like to enter these trees in the following challenges:
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Creates and Makes - Anything Goes
Moo-Mania - Trees

7 comments:

  1. I think these are super! I think I might have a go at them next year! I do like the glimmer of the gold tree! Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these plaited trees - what a great project.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! They look just great! Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative project. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creates and Makes !

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.