Sunday 1 January 2017

A Glass of Light Wine


     Happy New Year and welcome to the first of today's new challenges. This is for CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, anything goes as long as you use patterned paper.
      This gorgeous paper is from Chocolate Baroque, it's been in my stash for years so I took a deep breath and used it to make a lamp shade.
     I have a book with templates inside but I'm sure you could find some on line somewhere. I cut the shade from the semi-gloss patterned paper, it's a heavy weight paper so it bends easily but is firm enough to hold the shape well.
     I used my pricking tool on all of the leaves to make tiny holes that the light will shine through, I didn't want to add anything to the gorgeous paper but felt it needed a little something.
     All that was left after making the holes was to use red-line double sided tape to stick the shade together, I had to trim the edges slightly to tidy them up.
     I put an LED tea light in a wine glass and popped the shade on top. It's quite a nice way to add a little glow to your dinner table and if you make your other table decorations to match it can look rather smart.
     CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge is a month long challenge that is just what it says....anything made with patterned paper, so come and join us, we would love to see your projects.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project, Rocky. Thanks for your lovely design crafting for my Patterned Paper January challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! Fabulous project, just adorable! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Crazy Egg Challenge! Nance, DT 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project! Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
    Simona, BSC DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.