Tuesday 1 August 2017

MHK Designs - August Challenge


     The new challenge at MHK Designs has a floral inspiration to it and some rather bold colours too. After searching through my images I fell upon a backing paper that I thought was just perfect.
     Colouring papers are very popular in the UK, with many books available but once I started looking at the backing papers in black and white I saw lots of possibilities. Damsel In Distress is a great set for this purpose, with several designs that can be printed and coloured, making it even more useful.
     I printed my paper out on a lighter setting so I got a more grey image than black, then I set about colouring with watercolour pencils. Once all the colouring was done I went back over the design with a white gel pen to add some highlights. The centre of the blue flower has some silver dimensional paint added to lift it slightly.
     Mounting the image panel on dark red paper, then on blue card helped to pick out the challenge colours and tie the whole thing together. The layered panel was then put on a white card blank with a dark red edged die cut greeting mounted on foam pads.

Damsel In Distress
   
     The beauty of digital papers is you can print custom sizes and manipulate the colours to suit if you play around in your photo package. If you don't have a photo package try changing some of the settings on your printer, just remember to reset to standard when finished.  


MHK Designs have some great new releases coming out this month so please pop over to the blog to see what the DT have done with them, you also have the opportunity to win some of them, all details will be on the MHK Designs blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.