Friday 23 February 2018

MHK Designer Inspiration


     A quick and simple card using the new MHK Designs set Valentine Roses. With postage costs rising cards need to be kept to a medium size and minimum thickness to qualify for standard postage.
     I have changed the flower heads to red and the leaves and stem to green using my photo package. Our very own Mynn has several video tutorials on YouTube showing you how to do this and other changes, making digi images even more flexible.
     The shadow was added with a pale grey marker pen, I had seen this done by another crafter and loved the effect. I'm sure it's possible in the photo package but as yet I haven't discovered how, a project for another day I think.
     A simple die cut shape mounted on thin foam pads straight on to a black card blank makes for a simple but striking card. The addition of a small butterfly just adds a little more interest. I haven't added a greeting but I don't think it really needs one with such pretty roses.

Valentine Roses

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Craft Rocket - Love   (M)
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes   (W)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card .. love the rose .
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenge WK8
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.